Colchester Teacher Training Consortium
The Colchester Teacher Training Consortium (CTTC) is a school-centred Initial Teacher Training Programme (ITT). The latest Ofsted inspection rated the CTTC as Outstanding and highlighted numerous strengths in the quality of ITT provision including:
- The strong collegiate nature of the Partnership with an ethos of mutual support and good communication that provides a secure and effective learning environment for the trainees.
- The high level of commitment from all members of the Partnership that contribute to the high levels of dedication and satisfaction among trainees.
- Strong leadership that has strengthened and refined the provision.
The CTTC works in close partnership with schools across the Colchester area and beyond. Through training at CTTC, trainees are inspired to become outstanding teachers; able to motivate the children and young people of Colchester to become resilient high achievers and lifelong learners.
The Primary and Secondary School Direct Programmes offer high quality training, leading to the award of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and a Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) validated by the University of Greenwich. CTTC also offers credits towards a Master’s degree through the university.
Alpha Trust Schools:
Alpha Teaching School Hub
The Alpha Teaching School Hub is the main training and development co-ordinator for schools across Tendring, Ipswich, Colchester and Babergh. It forms part of a new national network of 87 Teaching School Hubs: school-led centres of excellence dedicated to supporting teachers throughout their teaching career.
Alpha Teaching School Hub is a collaborative network, working in partnership with schools, teacher training providers, local authorities, other Specialist hubs and Research Schools. ATSH plays a significant role in the delivery of:
- Initial Teacher Training (via CTTC)
- The Early Career Framework (ECF)
- Appropriate Body Commissioning
- Developing Middle and Senior Leaders using National Professional Qualifications.
- Wider Continued Professional Development
The programmes offered connect and support teachers and school leaders, signposting relevant links to our partner organisations and fostering a self-improving network based on evidence-based practice. In addition to providing high quality professional development for staff across the schools, the Teaching School Hub aims to improve the recruitment and retention of teachers and ultimately to have a positive impact on the outcomes for all the students across our designated area and beyond.